How Can I Lose Weight?
There is no silver bullet for losing those extra pounds, but there are definitely things you can do to help. Here are some simple, yet proven ideas.
1. Drink more water. Water is the best fluid when it comes to filling you up without filling you out. When you drink water instead of soda, juice or other beverages, not only will you stay hydrated, you will also be avoiding all those extra calories.
2. Eat less. Sure, it sounds simple. But many people, especially Americans, have come to view every meal as an all-you-can-eat buffet. Portions tend to be much larger than our body needs. It takes discipline, but eating slower will help you to manage your appetite and keep from stuffing yourself. This is also better for your digestive system.
3. Eat more fruits and vegetables. The modern diet is often severely lacking in these vitamin-rich, non-fattening foods. Too much of our food today is processed to be sweet and fatty. Fruit and vegetables have a natural sweetness without the fattiness, and they also give you more energy.
4. With that newfound energy, exercise! Though it doesn't always sound like fun, anyone can find the time and energy to give their body the workout it needs to shed some calories. The key is to find something you enjoy doing, whether it be running, swimming, basketball, etc. That way, it will be much easier to exercise on a regular basis, since it will be something you look forward to doing.
5. Stay away from excess sugar. Too much sugar causes weight gain because sugar increases insulin, which in turn is stored by the body as fat. This is another reason to cut back on sodas and desserts.
Everyone will experience different results, but the bottom line is that these choices will make a difference. It is important to remember that any diet can cause weight loss, but keeping the fat from returning will require permanent lifestyle changes like the ones mentioned above.
Weight Loss Diet Help > Articles > How Can I Lose Weight?